Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the steering is stuck on the snowmobile. when I took the linkage off where the steering connects to the skis the skis would then move but the steering wheel won't. any help would be appreciated on what to do.

·
Super Moderator
17,548 Posts
Not sure on the 94, but on some of the Wedge sleds, there were two bushings on the steering shaft that often never got greased or lubed. They would get gummed up or rust and would not allow easy turning of the handle bars. On my 1990, the top one was easy to see, but the bottom one was really difficult to get to and was often neglected...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The '94s some were wedge some were the new "Evolved" style. Polaris used wedge on some till '98 along with the evolved and aggressive. For some stupid reason they had 3 body styles. Also look at Polaris Browse or in the manual you were sent. It will have that information in it. Polaris Browse can give you at least the part numbers. Also there is a bunch of aftermarket bushing kits because people always forgot to grease them like they should so there is still a lot of those kits still being made from multiple makers.

drop down menus, use sno, 1994 and Classic not Classic Touring. Yes yours has a 2 up seat but the touring was different. It will say Touring on it if it is, otherwise it is just a 2 up Classic which were common.

·
Registered
152 Posts
On my 91,I had to remove the steering column, then used some heat to free that lower one up. It was a pita, but once it got it cleaned up and greased it's been fine ever since

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had to do the same on my 91. End up holding the lower lever arm in a vice and bolting a length of 2x4 to the lower bracket and using that as leverage to move the lower bracket, while heating the darn thing, took me several hours but finally got it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts