Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a fuel issue with my sled.. Its a polaris 500 efi. New battery,new fuel lines and filters in tank and out, Has good spark.. When I turn the key on, I don't here the pump come on nor does it when I pull start it..I haven't checked the relays yet . ECU has is flashing 2 codes. 21,22 ??? what are they and how do you clear the ECU?? any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
those codes are injector 1 and injector 2 trouble codes. you should hear the pump run for a short time after you turn the key on. I know you have a new battery. Did you check the voltage. I believe it needs to be at least 12.2 to fire the fuel pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, no I didn't check the voltage. charged it for 6 hrs after installing the electrolyte. I will tomorrow. Thanks for the input. How do you erase the codes on the ecu?? or will they go away once the problem is solved? thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
code 21 and 22 coming both at the same time would indicate there is no power going to the injectors.
Since the green fuse link wire feeds power to the injectors as well as the fuel pump,this is most likely where you will find your problem. Look for the brown and green wire located behind the ignition switch panel and give them a gentle tug ..... bet they are corroded and broken. (at least the green one)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, looked and found a broken/corroded wire down in the main harness, fixed and after awhile of priming up the system, it started but idles low and acts like its not getting enough fuel. Took plugs out and they were dry, changed them anyways and got the same results. checked the fuel return line in the tank while it was running and it was pumping a lot back into the tank.Noticed the end cap on the fuel rail {regulator end} was seeping fuel. could my regulator be bad since it is getting alot of fuel to the rail?? thanks and hope to get more help.. snow is on the ground and would like to ride shortly.. Thanks

PS, when I pull the rope it energizes pump, but have to turn key all the way to start/crank to energize pump? is this normal? thanks again

·
Registered
608 Posts
yes normal on a 92. you have to energize the EFI system by turning the key initially. You should see the ready light on whenever the system is energized.
Fuel leaks are not good ....fix whatever is leaking and test fuel pressure. Spec is 35-37 psi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts