Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 440 and it doesn’t have the power I want, it’s fan cooled and was look for a 500-550 fan cooled but can’t find one. Anyone know if I’m wasting my time look for something that doesn’t exist or if the motor won’t mount down properly?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Your best bet in all honesty is to step up to a 440 Liquid or a 500 Liquid. Fan cooled sleds just don't have a lot of power. However the 500 fan cooled might fit in there you would have to use it's engine mount as I believe it is bigger then the 440 fan cooled. But the power difference is not going to be a lot and the 550 won't work I am willing to bet. You really are best to upgrade to a liquid 440 or 500 with an Xtra-10 underneath it you would be a lot happier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your best bet in all honesty is to step up to a 440 Liquid or a 500 Liquid. Fan cooled sleds just don't have a lot of power. However the 500 fan cooled might fit in there you would have to use it's engine mount as I believe it is bigger then the 440 fan cooled. But the power difference is not going to be a lot and the 550 won't work I am willing to bet. You really are best to upgrade to a liquid 440 or 500 with an Xtra-10 underneath it you would be a lot happier.
ok, should i keep looking on Facebook market, Craigslist, eBay

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yep facebook marketplace, Craigslist is where you wanna look. I wouldn't buy one on eBay unless it was close enough. People should be listing soon as now is when they want to get rid of them for christmas money and what not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m a teen that’s addicted to over powering things and get bored sometimes and want to make something work forms scrap. The sled I have now is in REALLY good condition and don’t want to sell it. I have to save to get a truck as it is. We have a friend who has a 1988 488 fan sled but his son have to much fun on it and don’t really want to take it away from him. My dad has a 500 liquid and he doesn’t like it when I use it cuz it’s “to fast and you have your own seld”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts