Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Polaris All The Way!!!
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my aunt came over for some riding with her 1994 Indy Sport 500 2-up and her Phazer 500. Both sleds just got back from spending aver a week in Jackson Minnesota getting looked through tuned and cleaned. They said they cleaned the carbs out. Well when she got them back home about a week ago they both started right up cold. When she got to my house neither one of them would fire up. We had to go get some starting fluid and put it straight in the cylinders to get them going. The Phazer started right up and didn't give us problems the rest of the day. The Indy on the other hand would start once and die and we would have to take the plugs off and put more either in the cylinders. It did this the whole day every time it would die we would have to do that. It seems that it is only running on one cylinder below a certain rpm after it gets to a higher one it takes off but you let off the throttle a little bit and it bogs down immediatly and eventually dies. The last time we took the plugs off the PTO side cylinder was smoking alot but the plugs were not fouled. :dunno: She is gonna end up leaving the sled here for me to look at and you have any suggestions on what to try first. Clean out the carbs again? Try new p or maybe not at all, although it never backfired once. We are just frustrated because she spent 400 dollars worth of work on the sleds at a dealer and it still runs like junk. :mad:

Really sorry its so long but thanks for the help in advance!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts