Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I purchased a 1994 Indy Lite with 900 original miles. As I was inspecting the sled, I noticed a slight knock on the clutch side cylinder, and compression test revealed low on that cylinder. Well I purchased the sled at a discounted price from the 2nd owner. I was able to locate the original owner who indicated that the cylinder with the knock had blown a piston after over heating...mouse nest in fan! Well I am in the middle of the upper half rebuild. The replaced piston was not OME, had only one ring, but had a large ring gap which caused the low compression. The small rod bearing was rusted and shot. The cylinder(s) look good and smooth. The crank was a little rusty so I filled the case with penetrating oil and noticed that it started leaking out the crack oil seal (clutch side). If the seal is bad do I have to split the case to replace? Before the taredown, I did do the carbcleaner spray test on the seal but since there was low compression and the cylinder not firing I am sure that it was a false "positive" test result...no rpm increase. Any help would be appreciated. I also have no manual any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts