Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any ideas to where i might find a new aftermarket electric fuel pump ... cheaper than OEM .. $200 from AC
my numbers on the pump do not match any on line or at parts store .
Heck not even on the walbro website .. ( thats the make of it ) , i really hate to pay that much .

·
Registered
26,194 Posts
As a mater of fact I do! I took my 95 in with me to Auto Zone and they went and looked it up by the numbers on it! $78!

·
Arctic Addict
102 Posts
Before you replace the pump try running it with the polarity reversed. It is common for these pumps to stick. Reversing the polarity for a few second will run the pump backwards, this may fix your condition.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just went there and they could not match a numbers on the pump ,, you wouldnt still have the numbers for it would you ,, ? 80 bucks is worth a shot

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
see if a 93 550 is the same and my brother in law has a parts sled with one that works. just has a cracked jug.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was trying to be cheap and bought a used pump ..from a "running sled " prob is when it starts up runs great for about 5 mins ,, then bogs ,, stop and let it rest and does the same thing .. put new ( used ) pump in and the symtoms got worse ,,
put power to first old pump and it sounds like a old drill with the bearings going ,,
as it spins , it slows down

2011 / 10 miles

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that would be awesome indyrider .. let me know how much ..
i might get that if i cant find a new one

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i would say 50 or so plus shipping. but need to make sure it would work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help guys .. but i think its the stator ... 35 ohms on the high side ,, means no good for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts