Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm still having a bit of an issue with this sled.

I'll fire it up and it runs great, idles and all, run it down to the end of the county road, probably about 1 1/2 miles, and then occassionally (not every time) it will bog out and I have to hold it wide open to keep it running. But then if I ever so slowly start letting up on the throttle by the time I get it to about 1/4 throttle it will catch back up and run fine again.

So... fuel pump? Wrong jets? (the sled's dealer tag says North Dakota, and I'm in the Rockies @ about 3,000 base elevation.)

I'm stumped on it...

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
did you clean the carbs ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
elevation can affect the performance of your sled. I would check with a local dealer or fellow rider and see what they recommend.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
what do your plugs look like?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sounds to me like you're jetted too rich. Next time it cuts out, shut it off, pull the plugs and put fresh ones in and I'll bet it runs great again. What size mains are in it? Compare the ones that are in it to your jetting chart that should be on your tool box, or clutch cover.

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have absolutely no idea what size jets are in it. But a buddy of mine has a spare carb laying around that is jetted for our altitude (according to him). So I'ma high grade his jets and see if it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts