Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got a 2.86 pitch track for my 93 xlt which has a stock 2.52 pitch cog and was wondering if there are any 2.86 cogs with the same diameter drive axle as my 93 xlt?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Better off with the 2.52 on the XLT vs trying to find a set of 2.86 that will fit on that setup. Also no bigger then .91" if you plan on using studs or 1.25" without studs on that older chassis otherwise you will tear up the center radiator cooler. 2.52 tracks are all over the place these days even new can be had for 350 with shipping in the off season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better off with the 2.52 on the XLT vs trying to find a set of 2.86 that will fit on that setup. Also no bigger then .91" if you plan on using studs or 1.25" without studs on that older chassis otherwise you will tear up the center radiator cooler. 2.52 tracks are all over the place these days even new can be had for 350 with shipping in the off season.
Ye
[/QUOTE
That would be the right thing to do but I'm only 14 and dont want to spend a that much on a track... the track was given to me and its brand new so I figured it would be a lot cheaper to find new cogs then get a new track.
Thanks for the help though

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
There is usually 3 coolers. 2 under the rails and one in front of the track inside the tunnel. Not all of them had it, but most did.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ugh yeah there is two on the foot rails and on the Polaris there should be one up in the center as well. Polaris sent those out with 3 coolers on them. I know worked at a Polaris dealer in the '90s. I never saw a Polaris liquid cooled without 3 on them from the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts