Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought the sled about 2 years ago and it has been nothing but reliable. I was up north for the weekend riding last year and it would bogg out if you went full throttle while the sled was going uphill. You could let out the throttle and punch it again and sometime it would takeoff the way it should. Almost a powerband for lack of a better term. I storred it for the winter and this season it is doing the same thing. It would work fine when you were on a level area or going down an incline. If you play with the throttle you can get it to throw you back, but a lot of time it boggs down. Any help would be appreciated. I have changed the pluggs and gas but nothing really makes a difference. The pluggs are clean as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 1989 Polaris 650 triple and was having the same problem. I had a guy work on the jetting and carbs. Helped a little, but I was still bogging in deep snow and on hills. Someone recommended to try a new or stronger secondary clutch spring. I ended up putting in a new spring (which was the same stiffness as the spring would have been from the factory when the sled was new). This fixed my problem and the sled has plenty of power on hills and deep snow. The secondary spring weakened over the years of use causing the the secondary clutch to open (spread) too soon, which drew power from the engine causing the sled to bog. Not sure if this is your problem but it may be a good place to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clutch maybe, but the sled is fuel injected so it doesnt have any carbs on it. Thanks for the help. Anything else out there would be great too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
am i the only one that caught this??

"I storred it for the winter and this season it is doing the same thing."

maybe it's cause ur riding it in the wrong season :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts