Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I have been reading many posts to find the solution to my problem, but no luck...
I have a 1993 Pantera 550 EFI...From a cold start, this sled is perfect..Starts first pull every time and runs great...When it warms to normal operating temperature, it gets all boggy and don't want to move. I have checked everything I know of but no luck.. Compression is perfect, spark is perfect, battery is new and 13 volts, new carb boots installed multiple spark plugs tried all new...I may have it narrowed down to a fuel issue.... The fuel pump works fine as well...The only issue is when it warms to operating temp, so It should be something in the engine compartment...I am wondering if it is possible to remove the injectors and clean them? It's the only thing I have not tried....Anyone else have any such problems, I can't find anything on it on any forums Thanks for any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome
Your problem is Very Normal for your sled
The problem is the fuel pressure regulator
I believe as Cats EFI ages the diaphragm gets stiffer and gives too much pressure.
A simple test with a gauge will tell you your at about 38-40 psi

I make up a complete adjustable fuel pressure regulator complete with gauge
I did this to be able to Fine Tune Cats EFI!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like that could be the issue...Last evening the sled would not start, so I clamped off the fuel coming into the rail and it started first pull

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome
Your problem is Very Normal for your sled
The problem is the fuel pressure regulator
I believe as Cats EFI ages the diaphragm gets stiffer and gives too much pressure.
A simple test with a gauge will tell you your at about 38-40 psi

I make up a complete adjustable fuel pressure regulator complete with gauge
I did this to be able to Fine Tune Cats EFI!
How would I go about making an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts