Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone i got alot of problems over my head... right now my sled doesnt start at all. has good spark but the gas in my second carb is getting half way and staying there wont go nowhere.. if i take it off of the carb and blow air into the tank it will go all the way through the gas line? I clean the carbs out very well... but never soaked them in carb cleaner... i really need help guys.. please..

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Start by removeing the carbs and the jets (don't forget the pilot jet up in the tube)
Push a piece of stranded wire threw the pilot jet and main then spray them out real good. Next remove all the old fuel (I use an electric fuel pump) Then replace all the fuel lines including the pick up in the tank. Also remove and clean (atleast) the fuel pump. Now add fresh Prem and blow into the tank!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alright everyone i got alot of problems over my head... right now my sled doesnt start at all. has good spark but the gas in my second carb is getting half way and staying there wont go nowhere.. if i take it off of the carb and blow air into the tank it will go all the way through the gas line? I clean the carbs out very well... but never soaked them in carb cleaner... i really need help guys.. please..
make sure you take apart the carbs and clean the jets out with a carb cleaning kit, and make sure your carb seals form carb to engine are tight and not leaking or dry rotten.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got it going but....... NEED MORE HELP!

Then clean the carbs and replace your fuel filter.
I got it going but now i have to full choke it every start and it wont go anywhere it stays at a constant bog at 3500rpm and wont move at all whats going on? ( i havent cleaned my tank yet so...)

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
sounds like you need to as they say clean the carbs, clean the tank, clean the in tank filter as well as inline filter, check your fuel pump and hoses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts