Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 92 xcr 440 i wanna put plastic skis my friend has off a newer polaris on it the exact measurment is 2 15/16 inches down where you put the rubber boot and bolt threw the ski would they fit my sled? Also What do I all need to put 6 inch handlebar risers on my sled? Where do i find the long throttle cable? and Is there anywhere you can find aftermarket can for the sled it is quite and would like it to sound cooler. Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks Tim

·
Registered
321 Posts
should fit. give it a try, if you don't like it change it back. Take a chance. Columbus did and look what he found!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks ill deffinatly give it a try im thinking they should fit. But I only have found longer brake lines on dennis kirk for my sled I dont know what to do about the throttle cable, and what do you do for hand warmers? just snip the wires and make them longer or what?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't know if you can get to anyone that deals with parts unlimited, but they offer a throttle cable extension that fits polaris and extends stock cables 10". Marshalls offers longer cables but only 2 3/4 inches. As far as the heaters, I would extend your wires. A couple of connectors and some shrink tubing should give you a nice job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i looked at parts unlimited, but then found a powermadd throttle extension that will work on there website, and the extended brake lines. Ill be sure to post pics when i get it all done. Thanks For the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah im gonna get the powermadd pivot riser so i will be able to put them up straight. thats a 3 inch rise just with that then i can get another 3 inch block and have it at 6. Be kinda nice to be able to swapp it out between 3 and 6 inches if i want.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hello hawkster,ive got a 93 xlt and always been curious about risers.i was gonna do mine but noticed mostly newer (rider forward)sleds do it?what do you find are the pros vs cons about them?thanks

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Pros would be a lot, LOT better for aggressive riding and standing. Cons would maybe be the risk of possibly bending the steering post. Very small chance of that happening unless you're a gorilla or jump your sled 50+ feet on a regular basis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks for the reply guys,im not terribly aggresive...i like to tour around and ride hard when i get the itch lol but risers would be for the more aggresive deep powder riding sleds,correct?

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Not necessarily. Sometimes you want a little more height on the bars even for sitting down and riding. My ZR had a 2'' riser, and it was very nice for sitting, and decent for standing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts