Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 650 triple EFI that is having some problems. Usually it starts right up on the second or third pull. But lately, after i start it up and drive for a while, i start it up again, and it bog's down and when i give it gas, it just shuts off, than wont start up again. I don't know if its the EFI going bad, or gas isn't getting pumped. I poured gas in the spark plugs and than tried it again and its starts up, but than bog's down and shuts back off again. I like this sled, but it can't keep doing that on me. I've had my buddy tow me home twice now. And i really want it up and running in time for the rest of this winter. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
I found mine to be real picky on battery voltage .. an old battery or weak charging system can give them fits. I would load test the battery and check what it is charging at with a DVOM. Another problem I had was the wiring going into the fuel pump was really crappy on mine and after re-soldering it worked much better.

·
Love/Hate
6 Posts
Stator?

Sounds like the exact problem I'm having. I bought a used stator but think it might be bad. Runs great (16 miles in new battery) starts to occasionally backfire before it begins to bog with application of throttle before eventually dying. Charged the battery out of habit and runs like a top again. Will ride tomorrow to try and "troubleshoot" as I tell my wife.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i have heard a lot about the yo much or to little voltage going to the EFI computer. But i also read that if theres not enough pressure for the gas pump to generate than i will bog down and shut off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts