Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start a talk about this sled. Give it a review, some specs on it, the good, the bad, and pics of yours!

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
changed mine to a carb.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just bought mine this year. I've been riding it for years though. Got it off my bro who has owned it since 1994. Great sled for its time. Just need to make sure to keep the battery in check.

Last pic my bro took before selling it to me. His 4 generations of Polaris Sleds:

Just pulled it out of storage this last weekend (Cell Phone Pic):

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Let's start a talk about this sled. Give it a review, some specs on it, the good, the bad, and pics of yours!
how it was when i got it . then after i painted the hood white

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
was in process changing my lower radious rod from xlt but bottom bushing is wider now taking back apart to adjust ball joint and grinding down a bit always something

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Bro had a really nice 92' Indy 500 EFI for a little while last season. Sometimes she was a tricky sled to start but it ran really nice! Very responsive and sounded great! It was a pretty fun sled! Way too many people bash them. Like said, keep the batter good and maintenece in check and you'll have a very nice trail sled! I'll get pics later, as I'm at school.

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how it was when i got it . then after i painted the hood white
I got that exact one. It's blacked out except for front Polaris, the left 500 ant the left sp decals. In the process of looking for low windshield... Anyonengot one? I'd either buy it or trade for my regular one.

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And what would people do to mod it?

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the before and after... sorry they are blurry my phone lense must have been fogged... but had to re build skid, repaint it all but hood, seats PERFECT, track is great and re did skis. looks MINT! well a little custom but MINT!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
And what would people do to mod it?
I plan on doing lil by lil to mine. I just got a 2in riser and some handguards for this winter. Might get new handlebars too (something a lil more straighter then the old wedge boomerang ones). I'm planning to upgrade to a newer seat/tank, plastic skis and xtra 10 rear suspension down the road. I was even thinking of doing something custom with the hood if I could pick up a spare white one for cheap.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i still have motor parts and efi parts if anyone needs something. ecu also

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Low windshield anyone? I will trade for mine

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
your to far away but i have one on my sons xlt. just a plan stock low one.

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Trevor... Where did you ride on the 9th? Any trails open somehow still?

·
If it runs I ride it
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I doubt it but does anyone have a 500 decal... Or the 500 and the sp ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Trevor... Where did you ride on the 9th? Any trails open somehow still?
probably around the yard. most of wisconsin got hit by an early storm that dumped 2-8 inches on like a tuesday. it was gone by the weekend.

they just finished putting up the trail markers up here last weekend.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Yep I just took a few laps around the yard with the XCSP we had. Sold it now though as my brother is at college and we didn't need 3 main rider sleds. We only got about 1-2 inches but it was enough for me to zip around the yard for 5 minutes. It was worth it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts