Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a wildcat today. It was in pretty good shape, the only bad thing with the body was the hoods paint was peeling(it's custom paint job). The motor had 120 lbs compression in both cylinders also. I am just wondering if the ignition is unplugged would that cause it not to get spark? Is there an easier way to test the stator then taking all the pull start off? Also, would it be worth $400? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas on if the ignition being unplugged would cause it not to get spark? I am wondering because I have seen people run them before withough the ignition. Any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok they got it running. It has a float that sticks in the one carb, due to not cleaning the carbs. Also, no windshield and I could push the primary clutch back. I didn't think you should be able to push the clutch back with human strength due to how many rpms it takes to engage it. I am wondering what it's worth now in the condition it's in. Thanks.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
I'd still say 400. Maybe talk him down to 350. Are you able to move the whole primary as a unit or just the sheaves themselves? It should be pretty cheap to fix either way. The float isn't a problem and the windshield only matters if you want to ride on the trails or show it off ;).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really know much about clutches, but while looking at it I could push the half of the clutch in tirades the motor. And I was thinking about the same price too, but he said $600. $400 sounds fair since he was given it for free.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
The carbs need to be cleaned. Period. it's not hard, and it is worth it. One of my snowmobiles hit a tree before we bought it, and moved the engine forward so to get the belt off there was a bolt in the way. You have to move the primary in to get it out.

How easy is it to push the primary, it should be pretty hard, and if it runs, what engagement RPM is it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could push the clutch in about 1/8". When I looked at the sled it wasn't running so idk what engagement it was.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure, because my Indy clutch is solid.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
Well for mine, you HAVE to move the clutch in to get the belt of, though I need a LOT of leverage to push it in, while some else takes the belt off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts