Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine leaned out and took out the pistons, cly, and crank. It seems that most parts are available. Been unable to locate crank shaft.
Any suggestions, can they be remachined. Where might I find an exchange engine.
Thank you
Russ

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
I have a couple!
Now is the time to start asking around if anyone is getting rid of sleds!
I called our local radio swap shop and found a real Barn Find! $200 and it was the original owner and it has 2700 miles, cherry with cover and no charge for 10year old dust!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Engine leaned out and took out the pistons, cly, and crank. It seems that most parts are available. Been unable to locate crank shaft.
Any suggestions, can they be remachined. Where might I find an exchange engine.
Thank you
Russ
hi russ geno here i have about 3 phazer engine's here in lincoln,il if you need the bottom end with the crank and rod and a good re-useable cylinder i maybe willing to see you those parts cheaper than you can get any shop to rebuilt that crank and sell you the cylinder you need.or i can sell you a complete engine's.all 3 engine's are phazer 485cc there the same engines as the 85" up til about mid 95" my number is 217-871-5073 leave me a message thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I was talking to KC, he said he bought a new sled for 200 bucks..good grief! And no offense everyone has been into this a long time. Been snowmobiling for 42 years. I haven't owned or ridden a Yamaha sled since the '80s for a couple reasons but that is besides the point.

·
Super Moderator
1,821 Posts
Again for the original poster, it would be way better to buy a complete running (yet ugly) Parts sled!
Or a complete used running motor!

I now own more Yamaha's than Cats, but don't tell anyone LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts