Snowmobile Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Find any '93 XLT or something similar without the xtra-10 and it will be the same shock. From roughly 1987-1995 they all used the same front shocks UNLESS it had the early xtra-10 in it in 1995 or if it was the early Evolved model. Fox Shocks came into play around 1991 roughly. So search google or yahoo images for a 1991-1995 early wedge style with that fox shock and it will be the same thing. If you need the part number for a fox shock from the 1991 XC 400 it is 7041255 or the new number is 7041266

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i have a 1991 xc 400 and i was just wondering if anyone had and background information about this sled i understand it is rare and i have only saw 1 other exactly like it thanks, mitch
do you have any idea what its worth?
1991 xc 400

View attachment 10302

View attachment 10303

heres some pictures of the sled i have the rear suspension out and the wrong front shocks in right now. im putting xtra 10 new 1" track and new pistons and rings in this thing is going to be amazing :D
I have one of the 500 sleds polaris made , bought it used with 38 miles on it In 1993 it was the parts sled for the race team polaris made these for the 500 mile cross country race 68 max hp allowed for the race polaris kicked ?SS with these ,top 50 places 45 are XC This race was one of the hardest races at that time Great sled, best clutching, tracks, fox shocks even came with 2 gas tanks every sled was tested on dino for max hp allowed nothing made at that time could beat it .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a good pic of a xc 400 front fox shock?
Do you still need a picture of that front shock? I can take one for you. How many miles do you have on yours? Mine has about 3900. What a gas to ride. Do you know how to tell what number sled mine was out of the 500 made?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have less then 1000 miles on mine ,did you get 2 gas tanks with yours I didn,t need the pics I dont have a series number chart sorry. They are a great sled

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a good pic of a xc 400 front fox shock?
No I did not. My brother bought this from the first owner who raced it on e and sold it. I bought it from my brother and have had it now for about 8 years. My dogs are wearing out and need to replace them. Otherwise. No issues. Everything is still stock.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Very old post from over 11 years ago.

The XC 400 was the same except it had Fox Shocks all the way around instead of hydraulic. The XC 400 was the only 400 they made that year as Polaris was discontinuing them with the 440 Liquid standard and the XCR 440 coming or already out. While they didn't make a lot you can find them around quite often at least in Wisconsin you can.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts