Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought 1991 safari L electro,,7 years ago it was put away for storage and someone poured engine oil down cylinders,bled out oil system then from filter to carburators primed with engine oil as well..my question is 1.) how do i now re-prime and fill system with proper injection oil,,2.)how do i test engine seals on both sides..also did compression test and had 190LB in each cylinder..seems a little high perhaps?

·
Registered
86 Posts
190 is alot i think it would of blown out your seals on your motor and what do you mean they poured it down the cylinders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
190 is alot i think it would of blown out your seals on your motor and what do you mean they poured it down the cylinders
my compression tester might be NFG as it kept climbing might have got oil in it from all the stuff in cylinder.i guessn when it was stored they put about 1/2 cup of oil in each cylinder .. talked to a mechanic and apparently bombardier (ski doo )use to make clear 2 stroke injector oil so i assume thats what it was..after lots of turns finally shot out all the oil and fired up and runs like a top

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah Maybe You could spary brake cleaner about the pto clutch seal to see if it bad it should start to idel higher

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.