Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for quite a while on here and decided to join because of the knowledge and help of the members. I have been restoring a 1991 RXL and have really run into a problem locating a suitable seat for recovering ... Has any one here mounted a evolved chassis seat to a wedge body ? I have found a real nice one from an Ultra evolved for a great price but I'm not sure what mods will have to be done besides the return line for the fuel injection to mount it..ie: around the handle bars , is it long enough , etc.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have read every thread on here to do with seats and I can't find anything :dunno: .. If someone could point me in the right direction ?

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
Not sure! I have the same sled just a year newer, always wanted to do that! i wouldn't be worried about the return line reaching, if it doesn't you can always just get some longer line. If you can make the seat work around the gas tank then thats all you should have to worry about!

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure! I have the same sled just a year newer, always wanted to do that! i wouldn't be worried about the return line reaching, if it doesn't you can always just get some longer line. If you can make the seat work around the gas tank then thats all you should have to worry about!
After another couple of hours driving myself nuts I finally found a pic of a 1998 Evolved seat off the sled and it looks like it will be fine ... I will just have to ream a hole for my return line grommet and I should be good to go. Nice thing is that the 1994 hood I put on it has an electric gas gauge and the new tank comes with the sender ... I'm happy again .. for now... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts