Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright took 1991 phazer 2 to a buddy who works on sleds all the time he cleaned cards 3 times and had them soaked in soultion for a day so they are spotless new coil new fuel pump and still 30 mph not cutting out anymore but still 30 mph i am going down the road pinned at 30 then all of a sudden starts to take off like a gun shot 10 seconds of pure power and 30 to 60 in 5 seconds then out of gas and dies, go and fill it up and all excited then same thing 30 mph why would it go fuel throttle when 10 seconds from out of gas stall?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know your sick of taken carbs on and off, but if you could pull them, set on bench upside down, pop bowls off. If you could take a picture of the carbs and e-mail the picture(s) to me. [email protected] or if you have a camera cell-phone forward them to my cell 574-286-0466. I'm curious about something! Possibly know what the issue is. Don't run it into a tree just yet!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do thanks for the help tried to go with the boys for a short ride ended up pushing it up a small hill it really sucked had to turn around and go home
P.S. we got about 2 feet of snow now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
called the guy that did the carbs he said he installed plugs as per manual which is not over pilot holes so i will have to pull carbs again and switch plug to cover pilot jets if that does not work there is always the gas can and a match -20 below todays so as soon as it warms up i will try

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know you've got to be sick of pulling the carbs, but things are pointing to the floats and needles. If you pull carbs and turn them upside down and remove bowls, the floats should be absolutly level. If they are even so much ass a 16th pivoted up then they are not operating properly with the needles. I cleaned my carbs and put them back on. But the sleb would only idle. When I'd throttle it it would die out, then recover. I shut down and pulled carbs, to find that the float was about an 8th inch out of adjustment.

When the sled idles, fuel is drawn into the bowls and out at a slower rate than when you squeeze the throttle. When the engine calls for more fuel, the floats cut off the needles too early and the bowl does not fill with the required amount of fuel, so the sled dies out, when you let off it recovers.

So I'd check to make sure the floats are level. Also the needles should move freely. You can turn them back upright and move the float with your finger and should beable to look up in there and see the needle slid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the Phazer is fixed and rips the black plugs were in the wrong hole the plugs MUST cover the pilot jets. the guy that cleaned them did not think it would run or even idle like that but it idles perfect and full throttle rips. i had switched the plugs over the pilot jets before i took it to him but the coil was bad on 1 side so made no difference. replaced the coil and he did carbs as per manual which has the pilot jets exposed which is 100% wrong cover them dsamn pilot jets lol thanks for all the help guys :) and thank you phazer for all your help

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm really confused about this pilot jet plugging issue. I went ahead and plugged mine since others have had success in doing so. My sled now runs much worse. (It barely runs at all) it will only idle and bog when you give it throttle. If you hit the choke, it will rev for a few seconds, then back to barely running. It always ran well before with the jets unplugged

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.