Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought the 1991 mach one for 100 and it is complete. didnt think about it but he didnt put antifreexe in it and it was just water.... well it froze up. so does this mean that the water jackets are bad? the clutch is had to turn to it spueeks. it is also a lil hard to pull over but it does start? so my main question is is the motor bad or is it ok? thanks alot

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
If you can start it: Make sure its full of antifreeze,then start it up and let it idle t'ill the motor wamrs up and meanwhile look all around the motor and underneath too see if there is antifreeze leaking out of it.(gaskets,exhaust...) If its not leaking or no white smoke coming out of exhaust I'd say it's still good.

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
Well was it easier to pull before it froze or you just tried to pull it for first time after it froze?? cause twin cylinders 617 are fairly hard to pull over period.(harder than a 500 polaris for example)

·
Maritimes Guy
97 Posts
Then I'm not sure but, if it starts well that means its got good compression(my opinion).

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 800 pulls not overly hard but hard enough you need use two hands.Starts usually second pull.Nothing to do with your troubles but thought this might give you an idea of {pull} they have or should have kinda thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts