Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guys could help me out out on this one. I'm trying to help my buddy get his Wildcat 700 running right so here's the story so far...

He brought it home during late fall and started it up. It had been sitting for three years outside with gas in it so it ran/runs like crap. I kept preaching him to clean the carbs but he never did. It never ran right and he ran it that way all winter so far. Finally, I convinced him to clean them. One was pretty clean but the other was quite dirty. After putting them back on the sled it was only running on one cylinder. After a while the other picked up. It still doesnt run that great. The air screws are both set at 1.5 turns out (right?) because they were not balanced at all. We have to turn the idle screws in almost all the way for it to run at 1500 rpm. It bogs pretty bad when on the gas and usually have to use the choke to get it moving in the first place. Once you get pass some bogging the rpms will pick up and she'll roar. The belt is not the right size and will engage at about 2200 rpm and will sometimes "creep" away. I also have no experiance with the carbs with a tps sensor. My neighbor said if their messed up it wont run worth a damn. His sled has them and they by-passed them to make it run right. Does this sound like a problem with the sensors? If so, how would I by-pass them? Any input is highly appretiated!

Thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
I was wondering if you guys could help me out out on this one. I'm trying to help my buddy get his Wildcat 700 running right so here's the story so far...

He brought it home during late fall and started it up. It had been sitting for three years outside with gas in it so it ran/runs like crap. I kept preaching him to clean the carbs but he never did. ................................Finally, I convinced him to clean them. One was pretty clean but the other was quite dirty. After putting them back on the sled it was only running on one cylinder. After a while the other picked up. It still doesnt run that great. The air screws are both set at 1.5 turns out (right?) because they were not balanced at all. We have to turn the idle screws in almost all the way for it to run at 1500 rpm. It bogs pretty bad when on the gas and usually have to use the choke to get it moving in the first place. Once you get pass some bogging the rpms will pick up and she'll roar. The belt is not the right size and will engage at about 2200 rpm and will sometimes "creep" away. I also have no experiance with the carbs with a tps sensor. My neighbor said if their messed up it wont run worth a damn. His sled has them and they by-passed them to make it run right. Does this sound like a problem with the sensors? If so, how would I by-pass them? Any input is highly appretiated!

Thanks,
Andy

Pilot jets are clogged. Reclean the carbs and "floss" them. They are quite small and will plug easily.

Put the right belt on it.

Unplug the wires from the sensors and connect the harness ends together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.