Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here we go i'm rebulding a 1990 safari L i'm attempting to clean gas tank i knew it needed cleaning it had that very old gas smell to it i tipped upside down man did alot of gunk came out i provided some pictures on what came out that i don't under stand this is my first tank cleanning so please bare with me first pic is the gas tank the next pic is the hoses you will see in the middle of the hoses is a black plastic piece that is where the two hoses join the right side goes to the fuel pump the left side goes inside of the tank that's the part i confussed about it also has a plastic piece on the end and the little thing in the pic with the hoses it has a spring on it whats that (if you need better picture i can provide)

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
the thing with the spring goes into your gas tank at the end of the hose. then you have the black middle piece that sits on the tank to hold the hose in place. nothing to worry bout here just clean the filter and put new lines on it and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does that check valve have to be in a certian position can it be sitting on it's side or does it have to be straight up and down

·
Registered
93 Posts
On its side is fine.

I believe thats how they came from the factory. At least, my 96 Touring SLE was like that when I got it and it still had original hoses.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was told i have to have 18" of hose in tank with check valve on the end lying on it's side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts