Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My indy 500 hasnt been running in 2 years. Last year my dads friend rebuilt the carbs and cleaned them. still didnt run this year again drained fuel rebuilt carbs put in new needle and seat. now my dad noticed the fuel stopped coming from the tank and there were air bubbles in there the lines all seem fine and its new gas i drained the carbs and lines/tank and put 93 octane in it. so i think its the fuel pump. I take it apart and it seemed fine not dirty or torn and i have a rebuild kit for it. But i believe that theres not enough pressure to operate the fuel pump how much should the line from the crank case be giving me? or i am thinking its an oil problem actually i have no idea this sled confuses me. Right when i start it it smokes like mad . and instantly the temp light comes on. also it wouldnt idle very well and when we gave it throttle it would bog down and hesitate and would eventually rev up. I am really confused and last year i installed a new head gasket , temp sensor, and clutch spring I just dont know what to do.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Rebuild the pump and put it back on. Leave the line off the carb and pull it over. Fuel should shoot out of the fuel line coming out of the pump. If it does, the pump is OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts