Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I was wondering if I’m the only one who has ran into this problem but the in tank fuel line on my Indy has desinigrated and I don’t know what size line to buy any ideas

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've used 1/4" Tygon and it works great. Fifty feet of it runs about $80, which is way less expensive than buying it in 5' lengths. As I've found, 50' can get used up pretty quick if you have several toys.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,198 Posts
You will have to pull the fitting to get to the line anyway. Make sure the gas is lower than the fitting, pull the fitting, take it to a small engine repair shop and they should be able to fit you up. As the others have said, Tygon is what you need. The original fitting is clamped on with a special clamp that will insert through the hole in the tank. When you replace the fuel line, that clamp is not reusable and other clamps won't fit through the hole. Tygon grips the fitting so a clamp is not necessary.

Don't be tempted to use regular fuel line as it's not rated for immersion and will swell up and fall off the fitting and you will get to do it all over again. Don't ask me how I know this ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for your feedback I have the old fuel line do you guys think if I bought a new clamp i could reuse the line or am I better off getting a new line?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts