Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I picked up a '90 Exciter 570 last year that wasn't running and had been somewhat pieced together. I put new crank seals in it and cleaned the carbs. I got it started but noticed that I don't have spark unless the throttle is in just the right position as this is some type of saftey feature. If i connect the TORS with some jumper wires will this bypass the throttle feature?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
use the search function for "tors" or "throttle override" system for a full explanation.

no jumper required, there are connectors already there, simply unplug them at the carbs and plug the set leading to the carbs back into themselves.

make sure the throttle works good prior to bypassing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That worked great yamadad4, it purred like a kitten for 15 minutes in my garage and revved up nicely when I put it on a stand. It idles really low though (like 200 rpm) and is pretty sluggish until it gets to about 2000 rpm than it rips! What should my idle rpm be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm still learning but I'd say between 1500 -2000 should be your idle. There should be an idle adjustment screw on the top of the carb. Mine used to idle at 2500 or so but a quick adjustment and now it idles at 2000.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
mine were usually set around 1500-1600.

if you find it works better higher or lower, run it that way. seems like all of those had a "sweet spot".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts