Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 1990 Yamaha bravo 250 for my son. After picking up I saw that the track is destroyed. I’d really like to get him riding it this year but can’t seem to locate a track. No conversion has been done and not really interested in doing one. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,987 Posts
Welcome!
If it is short track (Not the LT 136") there are none!

But I have a pair and yes one is getting a full complete remake!

I personally had a track MADE!

All the Bravos, Enticers and Ovations use a small track with 3.25 x 31

If your Bravo is Cherry they really are perfect for the 10-15 year old as well as the 50-60 year old LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am looking at a short track bravo. I saw kccats had a track made for 2.52 pitch. How did that track work? I am wondering if one can be made to work with the stock suspension and just change the driver.

What was the cost (if you don’t mind me asking) and have you tried it (will it last)?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,987 Posts
I did just that!
A set of 2.52 drivers and had a 108? made! (like 300)
And I put an Ovation skid under it.

But there is a 136" Bravo long track!
So if you get the 2.52 Drivers/ drive shaft worked out,
Even a std 121 skid would work with a skid.

But my NEXT Project is a Mod 250 Bravo with a fire Cat skid and 13.5 X 128 X 3/4" speed track!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep us updated on the firecate mod.... if the custom track worked well, that is excellent news!

I love the look of those short little machines for my daughter. However, it will be like seven years before she can ride it.

So if it doesn’t need a track it will

·
Super Moderator
1,987 Posts
Start now and get it ready!

Yes you can use the stock skid with both of the inches of travel LOL!
The Ovation skid I am using has like 6" of travel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts