Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was having all sorts of fun until my sled decided it had enough, i was ripping threw a field at half throttle when it just died, but once it came to a stand still it would idle but if i hit the throttle it would hardly accelerate and smoke like crazy. I towed it back home, pulled out the plugs and the one one the clutch side seems to have a little more carbon build up than the other. I have replaced the choke cable and plugs about a month ago, haven't had any problems till now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out i burnt a hole in the piston, guess i should of been using BR8ES plugs instead of BR9ES.

·
Registered
75 Posts
how did the plugs look?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clutch side looked like it had a little brown on the tip, starter side looked like it had some carbon. My guess is that the carb was way off wack.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was burning my pto (clutch) side on my Enticer (same set up as Ovation). A guy, coincidentally from Ontario, told me that side crank seal goes 1st because of the torque from the clutch. "I know it isn't supposed to but it always does" he said.

What would happen to me was I could putt around all day in Nebraska but when I'd get on the lake in Canada and give er I would only get about 5-7 miles before she would suck air thru the seal and burn thru the piston. After two pistons I replaced the seals and have had no more problems. (cant say no more problems, just no more problems w/ that lol).

I will be going to NW Ont. next month w/ whatever I have running (4 older Enticers in the fleet LOL)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kinda figured it was the seal because i don't use the sled that much and i'm pretty sure the guy who had it before me only rebuilt the top end and did nothing to the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts