Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled died crossing a lake yesterday it sounded like the plugs fouled on the pond. when i hit the shore it idled the lowest you could ever imagine possible and died. Haven't been able to start since seems like its loaded up with fuel or something . Juts low idles and dies when u try to pull it. HELP dont know how to fix this

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i might have lost spark in a cylinder because of a plug boot when i was coming across that lake, but i stripped the coil wire back to expose more and it still wouldnt start

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: Checked the carbs took them off and cleaned them there fine no problems with them. I choked the sled by putting my hands on the carbs and it tried to start but no success. Bad gas im thinking maybe... idk i'll have to check compression later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its deff having a compression issue the right cylinder has very little. i pulled it over and placed my thumbs on the plug holes and the right cylinder is weak. Im thinking it needs rings but idk if that is all the damage i did. Im going to have to take the head off sometime soon and see what the damage is. Its my fault though 3rd tank on a new rebuilt engine at WOT for long distances= death to engine and another lesson learned the hard way.

Does anybody have 583 engine parts for cheap ?

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
Might have burned a hole. I ran my engine 75-80MPH for 6MI. then I stopped to cross a road. Must have over heated from the lack o air flow, because I gunned it, and melted a piston. I'm going to take my heads off this weekend. Be careful; don't push it too far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.