Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 Exciter is the sled. I am 250+ lbs and can get 95 mph out of it stock. I would like to know oif any clutching setups where I can improve midrange on this sled. Would like to get consistent 100+. Any help is appreciated. Also, be honest, am I just freakin dreaming?? I have hit 100 before on it, but took awhile, and I was seeing nightmares of burndowns.

·
Registered
10 Posts
exciter

I am new to this forum but saw your post, you must have awesome stock sled if your getting 95 out of it. I think that for a guy your size thats a good speed. Probably could get more response with clutch mod, but I think you're about topped out on this machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try a comet clutch , and a upgraded exhaust ( you might have to make one up but you grt the idea ) try maybe if you have the money get the carb re jetted and ported out a touch

·
Registered
46 Posts
just simple clutching generally improves overall shifting and acceleration but top end gains are nill to nothing.

throwing a different gearing setup in the chaincase is easy and relatively cheap for more top end but you'll lose a lil bit of acceleration.

if the clutches are fully shifted out and its at redline there is no way to gain more speed other then regearing or modding the motor for more rpm or modding the primary clutch for more rpm, but or course this also means less reliability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
your not dreaming

I know for a fact that I have hit 100 mph on my old exciter 570 and i also weigh about 250. it was a great sled and would blow by the polaris's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts