Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and snowmobiles. Looking to see what carbs are on my 570E. I believe they are mikuni VM36 or 38. I've looked at mikuni sites and narrowed it to those but I need to know a few specifics about them. Like what are the 2 ports on the side that appear to go to the water pump? I can't find them in the factory service manual. Also,how do you set-up the electronic switch that's hanging on the side? And how to test them to make sure they work? Again,nothing in the manual.
Message_1572643154612.jpg
20191119_103040.jpg
20191106_131431.jpg
20191106_131446.jpg
20191106_131438.jpg
20191106_131423.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal,that's what I thought but could find anything. Yes there is a shutoff(no it doesn't turn lol). I was looking for new carbs to replace these but couldn't find the same thing with those ports on it. Do you know if anyone is still making them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's nothing wrong with them and seem to work,so I'll keep them hooked up. I was just gonna put new carbs on it since it's winter and I didn't wanna mess with rebuilding them but I did it anyway. Think I have it all figured out. Now I just need to put it back together and give it a try. It ran when I bought it but I didn't look to see if the water pump was working or the oil injection pump.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I would pull them bypass the coolant and clean the carbs including the Pilot jet (up the tube) And check that the floats shut off at 'Level'
Then replace all the fuel lines including the pick up in the tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep,Good advice thank you. Did all that and new in tank filter and external filter. Almost back together,so I'm hoping that everything else is good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you find any manuals worth sharing? I recently picked up a 93 Exciter 2 SX version. Would love to have access to a user/maint or shop manual for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SlideShare › mobile › yejdhnretrft
1989 Yamaha Exciter 570 Snowmobile Service Repair Manual. Try this one,I'm not sure how to send the link but this is what came up when I saved it and pasted it. It's from slide share

1 - 9 of 9 Posts