Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search function but couldn't find a specific problem to this sled. I just bought the sled for my son and it has a midrange bog and it loses power. You can feather your way through it but just barely. From idle to full throttle is fine. I don't know if the carbs are out of sync and I do have a home made synch tool that my dad made years ago but not sure how to use it for this sled. Do you put the ends of the tubes on the outlets from the carbs that have the rubber plugs? And what do you adjust to sync them. We had a couple of phazer years ago (late eighties) but can't remember how to tune them up.

The clutch side plug is black and oily and the brake side plug is brown so it's somewhere in that left carb that is the problem. Any suggestions on what it coulb be? Thanks in advance.

By the way, this sled has only 2300 miles

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have three Phazers, and I've seen this before. Here is were I'd start, if you havn't already. First clean the carbs real good, remove bowls, I soak the carbs in a bucket of hot soapy water.Then use compressed air to dry. I would turn the screws on top clockwise all the way in. Then back them out counter clockwise about one and a half times. There is a chance that the person who owned this sled before you messed with these screws and they are set incorrectly. Lastly I'd replace plugs with new ones. I use NGK- BR9ES, however thinking of switching to something else, cause it seems when they get fouled in the slightest they are "shot". I'm finding them to be unreliable. I jacked with a sled last weekend for an hour, just to find out that the new plugs out of the box were no good. I put an old set back in that I had around and it ran fine. If you've done these things already, and nothing seems to change. Double check the fuel. I know some people don't trust injectors and they mix the gas. The last sled I bought the guy told me he mixed and injected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.