Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, my name is troy and i wanted to say its real nice having a site like this to work through problems instead of having to take them to a shop. I just bought a 1988 cougar yesterday that has been completely rebuilt new jugs chromed ,pistons rings crank seals etc. Unit is hard to start appears to run out of fuel under a load. The fuel lines are clear and i can see alot of air bubbles in the line. wouldnt the air have to be coming in after the pump outlet or am i mistaking? please help with any input you might have thanks Troy

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A couple of thoughts...

It could be a small hole in the fuel pump diaphram, which would both cause bubbles in the fuel and a less efficient fuel pump. Rebuild kits are cheap, it may be worth rebuilding just to rule out the pump.

Another thing could be a hole in the fuel pickup hose in the fuel tank, but the air would be absent if the fuel in the tank was higher than the fuel outlet to the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.