Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 87 phazer, it smokes a lot so im thinking about disconnecting the oil injection and just mix, family and friends suggested the same thing. how do i go about doing this? is there a kit that i can get that blocks off the injection.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
have you tried adjusting the oil pump? i don't have much knowledge on yamaha's but my ski-doo i can adjust the pump cable to lean it out or richen it up yamaha should have a simaler adjustment. i like to keep them smoking a little that way i know the pump is actually working

good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
yea you can adjust the pump, they usually have match marks that line up at idle and full throttle.

i've never seen a block off kit... but i dont see why you cant just run premix and leave the pump on there..... i guess eventually it might ruin the pump from lack of lube to it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Make a suggestion?

change the oil your useing.
try running KLOTZ oil you'll cut your smoke down.
besides it smells like bubblegum :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good, ill change the oil and see if i can adjust it. I heard that the oil injection goes on the older sleds and its just easier to mix, because you are positive you are getting the right amount of oil. I also have another question, im thinking about changing the fuel pump, it dont think its ever been changed, any suggestions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, i agree, saves me moeny and time. Im not real knowledgeable about sleds, its been running real hesitant, and sometimes it floods out and wont even engage, so im stuck in the snow not moving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1987 Phazer help

Go to pre-mix !
You have to leave the pump as it is your Tach drive
Disconnect the oil feed line and plug / cap the inlet stub - car wheel cylinder bleed screw rubber caps work great
Disconnect the oil lines from the pump to the inlet stubs
Cut a lenght of injection line and connect the inlet stubs together
Cut another piece and connect the injection outlets together on the pump
Remove the cable and bin it , plug the hole
There's enough oil in the pump to keep it alive if you keep the water out - my missis' sled has been running this way for the last 5 years
With good quality oil 40 to 1 works just fine
Go up 2 sizes in main jet or you will be too lean

Fizzers Rule

·
Registered
123 Posts
take off the left cylender mine did this the oil pump is right under the left carb and remove the 3 screws and take it apart and clean it you should be good oh look for a washer on the bolt in the center if there isnt one find one for it thats your problem and it should be good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts