Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Ski Doo Grand Touring 500, 1996 Polaris Indy Trail
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, three weekends ago I went up to my dads and got the two up out of the garage, started after 6 or 7 pulls (unusual) and let my wife ride it around my dads yard, it was warm so we loaded it on the trailer and didnt touch it for a week and it would get up to around 50mph and start cutting out back firing and then get in the low range and run decent again. Pulled the sled into the neighbors heated garage today and pulled the carb, cleaned it put it back together and fired right up (first pull). What a difference, it didnt miss, it ran the way it should, but then...... it started missing and back firing and then it died. Pulled the plugs out on the ice and they were a light tan color, perfect temp (as far as i am concerned). Is it possible that the fuel pump needs rebuilt. If thats the case, im gonna be done for the year, ill pull it all apart this spring, replace the fuel filter, rebuild the fuel pump, replace fuel lines, replace oil filter, and clean the carb again. let me know your thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts