Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a 1985 Indy trail and was wondering If anyone knows where I could find some tuned pipes for it, that is if they even make tuned pipes for a 400. Im not sure I would put tuned pipes on anyway because i would have to change the jeting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least my snomobile dosn't have a big "made in china" sticker on it!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...And im not part of the problem, I was even thinking of joining a club, I prefer to go alone thats all...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hank said:
Pipes? It's an old dog anyhoo. Why bother?
I prefer the word "classic". And the reason to bother is to show those people with new sleds (Not all are bad) that the older sleds can rip it up pretty good to, you uh...just need to stand up or install the new m-10 suspention.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snowmobiles are never going to look the same again, polaris, ski doo, arctic cat, and yamaha are making that new body style now and everyone is switching to 4 strokes to save the "environment". Doesnt anyone care about raw power anymore???Sure you can go in deeper snow and not get stuck. Sure you won't have to fill the oil up all the time. Sure you will almost never break down. Sure your back will never hurt when the clubs run out of cash and stop grooming the trails. But come on, your not going to miss sleds like the 1985-86 special and limited edition 600's? The old TNT 775 free air's? The old mercury sno and trail twisters?Preserve the past, Ruin the environment, Break your back, and buy yourself any sled before 1987.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Groomed trails? I hate groomed trails and avoid them at all costs. By the way, them are my tracks from the day before. Go were no other sled has gone - that is my motto.
Doesnt anyone care about raw power anymore???Sure you can go in deeper snow and not get stuck.
Get a long track. Power don't matter dude.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hank said:
Groomed trails? I hate groomed trails and avoid them at all costs. By the way, them are my tracks from the day before. Go were no other sled has gone - that is my motto.

Get a long track. Power don't matter dude.
Finaly someone that thinks like me...When I tell people I like the bumps they think im nuts...The bumps give you something to think about instead of a long, flat, (boring) trail, Smooth trails are good sometimes when you feel like floorin it

·
Registered
177 Posts
600SE, try check PSI they might still have pipes for that sled. you'll have to rejet though if you get pipes. and as far as some of you guys knocking the older sleds, i have 2- 1987 600 indys. one has psi pipes on it and some clutch work, thats it. have ran it at speedruns and run consistantly 95-97 mph in a 1000 ft. don't have to take no back seat to many of the newer sleds out there. my other sled, well thats a different story. set up for ice only. making 145 hp out of a old 600. run 114mph in a 1000ft.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finaly someone that thinks like me...When I tell people I like the bumps they think im nuts...The bumps give you something to think about instead of a long, flat, (boring) trail, Smooth trails are good sometimes when you feel like floorin it
No, I stay off snowmoilbe trails at all costs. Old logging roads and 4 wheel trails is were I head. Un-groomed and untracked. Without a long track, your sunk! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would pick my way through the woods but im to lazy to cut through 3 million trees, Try to find my way out, and get unstuck when you have to stop for a tree in a deep spot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 85 trail all stock, runs strong, What is the newest rear suspension I could install on this thing? My back is killing me!!!
:confused:

·
Registered
375 Posts
600SE said:
But come on, your not going to miss sleds like the 1985-86 special and limited edition 600's? The old TNT 775 free air's? The old mercury sno and trail twisters?Preserve the past, Ruin the environment, Break your back, and buy yourself any sled before 1987.
My familly has 2 1976 Jag 440s all origanal except wear bars and traks and they still run. We alos have 2 2005 Z 440 LXs yes the news ones are sweet but there is just something about an old classic that u can NEVER get from the new sleds. I agree with u. People need to learn to apreciate the old and just injoy the new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts