Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve posted about this sled a few different times when i’ve run into different problems. My last problem was fuel delivery. I found out the fuel shutoff valve was clogged and when I took that out and ran a direct fuel line and blew into the tank to pressurize the lines and it started after a few pulls while holding the throttle open at about half. It was having trouble Idling then but it would for a little and it seems like it runs fine as long as the throttle is held down. Now when I run the machine it won’t idle at all. If I take the choke off it will die unless I give it throttle. It is also once again spitting what seems like more white smoke than it did the first time. I don’t know if that’s worth mentioning or not.

·
Super Moderator
310 Posts
Sounds like some clogged jets. Total carb disassembly required. Carb cleaner and some compressed air blown through the passages. Typical bad gas problems. I just had the clogged fuel filter problem on my rototiller last week. It hadn't been run in 3 years hence clogs from crap gas.

Steve ran it all weekend no problems after cleaning the lines and filter.

·
Administrator
18,437 Posts
I agree. Pay special attention to the pilot jet and the air screw. Get those passages spotless. If you turn the air screw in or out and there is no change in RPM or in how the engine is running, you still have a clog.

I hate the crap gas with alcohol in it. I'm just glad we have more places to get non-ethanol gas, even if it's 91 octane and you have to pay $3.50/gallon... sure saves a lot of problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts