Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on my sled.... I am in search of a pristine hood for this monster. All the hoods I've seen have cracks, or breaks on the stop underneath the hood for the flip up headlight. Does anybody have one of these that has seen little, to no use? I also need some info on best aftermarket skis to take advantage of the TSS. I've gotten some advice from USI, but are they the best to go with? I'd love a brand new belly pan too, but I'm just dreaming, aren't I?

Lou

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I've got an 86. The hood is cracked on the top near the windshield where the "grilles" are. The headlight and everything else is good shape. Runs but needs a head gasket. Offer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the overall general condition of the sled, other than the cracked hood, and head gasket? Any idea of what you'd like to get for it?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
This is what's up with it. I got it on a trade at my shop. It's blue/gray with the L/C 540 engine in it.

The bad:
Head gasket blown- antifreeze blows out right cylinder
No windshield
Seat is AFU.
Kill switch broken

The good:
It runs!
New fuel pumps
rebuilt carbs
New taillight
Rebuilt recoil
good studded track, front/rear suspension, electrical system

Hood in overall great shape, except broken piece mentioned above.

I was going to fix the motor, replace the windshield and sell it for 600 to 700 dollars. Make an offer, I may part it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts