Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1980 yamaha 440 ad said that it runs good and had 145 psi per cylinder but when i received engine of course it was engine only no clutch or elecrical components except stator so my question is where can i find the parts needed for this engine at a reasonable price and if anyone knows how to do a psru and still be able to use oil injector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you will need the wire harness and the CDI box as well as the oil tank
Thanks for the response im aware of the eltrical parts and tanks i need i was wondering about a geared pulley? Maybe ? That will turn oiler gear and be able to make a prop speed reducer (belt drive with like a 2.58to1 or 3to1 ratio p.s. ive found cdis used of course all around 100 dollars just worries me to spend that much pn something not garunteed to even work. But im sure i will have to buy used since part is discontinued just wish it was more of a used price if you know what i mean

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
You really should start with a complete running sled.

I was under the impression that Ultra lights used Rotax engines with the rotary intake.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
From what I've read, that is my impression too. There will be LOTS more support for a Rotax build than other manufacturers...

Good luck with the project! Post some pics along the way, we all like to watch other people work :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ultra Lights that I have seen at EAA were mainly Rotax engines with a small amount with Yamaha and very few Polaris mixed in. Seemed like the supply and the knowledge with them was all from the Rotax side of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ultra Lights that I have seen at EAA were mainly Rotax engines with a small amount with Yamaha and very few Polaris mixed in. Seemed like the supply and the knowledge with them was all from the Rotax side of it.
Yes with rotax prices, the exciter is lighter, more hp, and its YAMAHA they never die, but yes i agree about parts availability

1 - 8 of 8 Posts