Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 1980 Trailcat 4000 with a mikuni butterfly valve carb on in. When i first go tit the carb was shot. Tried to clean and the long thin pipe with hole sin it that goes down to the main jet was cracked and bent. Had to put a 3000 carb on. I want to use the size carb that the 4000 was meant for. Does anyone know where to get these obsolete mikuni butterfly carb parts? Also what size jet could i use on this carb? the hex jets i can order from denis kirk? what sizes should i get?

·
Registered
470 Posts
You've dropped 6mm in the bore size of the carb, it will be difficult to predict the correct jetting for this. :dunno: You would also probably need to determine the size and replace the pilot jet as well as the main jet. It would be easier if you could find a used Mikuni BN40 carb.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOl. Ive allready bought 3. All the one si can find within an hour of me and only one ive seen on ebay in the last 5 months, and of course, that long pipe in all 3 of them we damaged because nobody likes to clean their carbs before storing for 20+ years. If i were to throw a slide carb on, what throttle cable would i need to get so i attaches directly to the thumb lever? Woudl love to just get that pipe assembly but i cant find this carb anywhere, not even mikuni website and dealer cant get it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts