Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding a 1980 Sting 440, fuel lines were deteriorated and missing, anyone know where I can find a fuel system diagrams or map?? or is there anyone who can send pictures of their fuel lines on a same or similar model so I can replace them correctly???

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have replaced up to the carburetor where it fills the bowl, but there are 4 other nipples on the carb that I am stuck on, are they all vents? There is one at the bottom of the bowl that I thought was a vent but looks like it connects into the intake side of the mikuni carb.

· Registered
530 Posts
A photo of the carb would really help. It may be a power jet carb. They had a hose going from the bottom of the bowl to a port on the intake side of the carb. Was there a small jet screwed into the bottom of the bowl where one of these ports are?

· Registered
530 Posts
Yes, that is a power jet carb. There should have been a jet in the bottom of the bowl inline with where the line is attached. On my powerjet, the floats are on pins in the float bowl, not attached to the carb frame. The power jet line is the red line going from the bottom of the bowl to the plastic part on the left side. Shorten that line so there is no bend in it.

From memory, it looks like the lines are hooked up correctly. I will have to dig one out of the parts box and double check.

In the last picture, what is the T in the fuel line after the fuel filter. Did you put a primer on? That carb has a choke. That is the cable going to the side of the carb.

· Registered
530 Posts
After digging out the carb from the parts box, yes, your lines are hooked up correctly on the carb.

The powerjet carb is on the left, a non powerjet on the right.

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Rim Jewellery

Here is the bottom of the bowl. The powerjet in on the bottom, the main jet on the top.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Gas

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BC_Dan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts