Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1993 fan cold 113" track
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I just bought a kawasaki 4/6 ltd and im needing to find where one of the new fuel lines go

(when I got this t didnt have ant lines)

any way I got everything hooked up to the best of my knowledge and i was pulling it over when i realized that there was fuel spraying out from under the right side carb

on further inspection it looks like there should be another line under there but im not sure where it goes to

i'm kind of confused cause it is coming out of the cylinder

do yall know where it goes?

· Administrator
19,576 Posts
On the bottom of most carbs is a fitting to attach a short section of hose with a plug in the end. This section of hose acts as a water trap to keep water from going into the carb. If yours has that and the hose is cracked or missing, fuel will leak out the fitting.

Also, if it is similar to Polaris sleds, there is an impulse line made of hard rubber that goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump diaphragm has a tear or hole in it, that line can get fuel in it and spray.

Disclaimer... no idea on that Kawasaki if that is your issue, but it's a couple things to look for.

· Registered
495 Posts
If you could, post some pictures of the carbs, that would help. If I remember correctly that motor used power jet carbs. If so, there would be a line going from the bottom of the carb to the left side of the carb. It would fit on a white plastic piece that goes into the air inlet end of the carb. If it is not there, it would leak fuel. These carbs did not use the water trap like the Polaris carbs that Dan is talking about.

Reactions: BC_Dan

· Registered
1993 fan cold 113" track
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you could, post some pictures of the carbs, that would help. If I remember correctly that motor used power jet carbs. If so, there would be a line going from the bottom of the carb to the left side of the carb. It would fit on a white plastic piece that goes into the air inlet end of the carb. If it is not there, it would leak fuel. These carbs did not use the water trap like the Polaris carbs that Dan is talking about.
Thanks for that figured that out. Now the issues that are really keeping this thing frome running are frozen jets and choke

if any of yall have master tips on how to get tm loose let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts