Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a couple inches of snow the other night, so I was out testing the 1980 Jag I bought over the summer. I had to run some carb cleaner through it, because it was dogging real bad. After a few times around the yard, it started running real smooth!

However; when taking turns, even at slow speeds, I heard a ratcheting sound coming from the underneath. I'm thinking that the track may be too loose, but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. When I checked it earlier, the track looked to be in spec (who knows exactly how much force 20 lbs is, when you're using your finger?) I could just tighten it up, but then I have to wait for some more snow to test the fix... :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SEG. I should get off my butt, and do things the right way. Huh?

Just checked the Jag manual... says 3/4" to 1". I'm pretty sure it's a lot looser than that right now! I'm thinking it was closer to 1.5" when I checked it last (which I thought was okay, because that's where my other 2 sleds are supposed to be). Guess it doesn't hurt to check the manual once in a while.

BTW - I was able to pick up an owner's manual for my 2000's on eBay a few weeks ago. It was money well spent, since neither of them came with a manual!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smallengineguy said:
Nice! Did you get my PM about trail links for NY?
Yes, I did. I sent you a reply...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts