Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently bought a 1980 Ski-Doo blizzard 9500 and it starts and runs great but will not idle.This sled sat for 1 yr with old gas in it ,i drained and replaced gas but still no help.plugs are new,and fires right up with a little shot from the primer pump. any help would be a huge help thanks!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
weeksy11 said:
i have recently bought a 1980 Ski-Doo blizzard 9500 and it starts and runs great but will not idle.This sled sat for 1 yr with old gas in it ,i drained and replaced gas but still no help.plugs are new,and fires right up with a little shot from the primer pump. any help would be a huge help thanks!!!!
I would say for sitting for that long, you carb has laquered gas in it plugging a jet and needs a good cleaning.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree, remove the carbs, take em apart and soak them overnigh tin carb cleaner. It works. My old blizzard kept blowing engines due to only having one piston ring. The ring would just come off. Have you had this problem? I was able to sell the thing, not running, for 200 bucks but it mad me mad. But yes, i think you should do that to your carbs and go from there

dano

1 - 3 of 3 Posts