Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much resistance should a ski shock kave? Just wondering if I need to replace mine. where can I get them if so?

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
When you can feel a significant difference from when they were new. You'll probably never need to replace ski shocks on an old leafspring sled though. I've never heard of doing that. They just don't wear out..unlike an IFS sled, they only have load on them on impact from a jump or whatnot. The leafsprings hold the weight of the sled. They last forever; I don't think they would need replacing. Unless one is softer than the other, don't bother. And if you did replace them, you'd probably end up putting used ones from another Jag in it. You might have a hard time finding new ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shock resistance

Well it feels like they have no resistance at all. I've seen some priced at 12.99 and some as high as 69.99 a piece. anybody know where is the cheapest place to get? 1 more thing. Should the clutch on this thing "whine" a bit when up to rpm? I'm sayin that I can definitly hear it. it engages o.k kinda hard sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts