Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polaris indy 400 that has 30 years of spirit badge on it so I am pretty sure is an 84-85 sled. I took the motor out because it had no spark. I checked the generator and the CDI but I need help identifying the motor properly. its a 498 cc fuji motor. motor # 84-03955 model # EC40PL-02.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, it's a wrecked sled I am restoring it. I need tail lights, control arms, tierods (steering), a steering rack, hood, seat/seat cover, gas tank cover, right-hand side steering components like the piece that connects to the ski, and also the piece that connects to the steering tie rod, the whole kill switch, and flapper assembely, brake booster with a parking brake. the list goes on and on..... if yall can point me towards someone that's scrapping a sled that's that model, year, or someone that can sell me those parts it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I have a brand new hood with new black paint, clear coat and I have NOS Vents for it as well sitting in my basement all for a '83-'87 Indy 400 as I had a '87. It is a factory OEM blemish that I had the body shop redo completely and fix what they called a blemish with 2 coats of primer 2 or 3 coats of glossy black and then 2 coats of clear coat. But it would be expensive to ship so unless you are in Northern Wisconsin might be too much.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I did find a speedo with 6,100 miles on it and it works and you can have it if you cover the shipping of 5 bucks or so. I will get you a picture later on tonight or tomorrow. Too bad you are not closer as I cleaned the basement some more today and that hood looks awesome. I just have to get some contact glue to re-glue some of the oem underhood foam that is falling off. Even the vents are brand new, just need a coat of the black restore and will look 100% those are NLA and pop riveted in so if you do find them they are destroyed. Can't give those up for free but maybe sell them possibly or free with the hood. Has to be a way to get it out there safely. I know some have used greyhound buses and those cost around 80-100 bucks in shipping. All depends on what you want to put into it. I put almost 400 into the hood but no way am I going to ask that. Been trying to get 200-250 around here locally for it with the vents and on eBay. I see some used hoods going for that these days for some of those older snowmobiles.

I can help you as well with clutching. One thing I would do and I did this was plastic skis from Camoplast. Takes 20-30lbs off the front end. I would also consider a Xtra-10 upgrade I have one of those I on a '92 Indy 500 EFI I am going to be parting out with Fox Shocks. Whole Suspension was rebuilt from the ground up with all new bearings in every bogie wheel, graphite hyfax/slides, 96 1" Studs as well brand new with lightweight backers all straight down the middle on the track which is around 70% left I would say, Fox Shocks and that Suspension have 30 miles on it since that complete rebuild 4-5 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts