Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a 79 jag 340 I have restored most of the sled It boggs down when i have the head light plugged in. When i unplug the headlight I have great throttle responce and my plugs keep fouling out. It also has a hard time idleing it is oil injected i have cleaned the carb it is a mikuni and i have rebuilt the fuel filter. I know the voltage reg works its new I have also checked the voltage and it is around 12 volts I am pretty much lost from here on in so any info would help a great deal
thanks mike

·
Registered
482 Posts
find the output of your lighting coil and give that a test.
the voltage REG could be faulty, I know its new but I have seen ones that slip through.
as far as plugs go, what kind of oil you useing?
oils and inproper carb settings are the #1 cause of plugs fouling.
also what color are the plug bottoms?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
HEY MIKEY,

CHECK THE MAG FOR SIGNS OF SHORTING IF YOU HAVE THE PROBLEMS ONLY WITH THE LIGHTS ON THERE IS A SHORT IN THERE SOMEWHERE. TRY A GOOD OIL LIKE AMSOIL DONT BUY SYNTHECTIC OIL. CHANGE PLUG CAPS LIKE FENDRGUY SAID,
BUT START THE SLED UP AT NIGHT WITH NO LIGHTS ON LOOK UNDER HOOD TO SEE IF PLUG WIRES ARE SPARKING AGAINST SOMETHING EVEN IF WIRES LOOK GOOD THEY STILL MIGHT BE BAD.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
WHY THANK YOU MY FREIND, NOT BAD FOR A JIFFY LUBE DUDE HUH:D LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been useing 2 cycle oil the plugs are dry but black the sled runs great when i dont have the voltage reg hooked up now when i plug it in it wont run it boggs so i guess i will try a new regulator i took the mag out and look at all the wires and they all look good none are split or frayed i have tried turning the lights out and i dont see any sparks or it arching out so i am still open to ideas but i will try to but a new reg and try it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts