Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up a 79 panther 440 for $50 the other day. engine was seized from sitting. so with a little pb blaster and 2 cycle oil i was able to free it up. now i have some questions about the sled.... the fuel tank was not on the sled and the lines were missing. i bought new lines today but dont know what line goes where on the carb. its the carb with the built-in fuel pump at the top. the carb has an inlet on the top for a fuel line, and another at the bottom. the gas tank has 2 as well. one on the left and one on the right. so my first question is what inlet on the tank goes to what inlet on the carb? thanks!

·
Registered
25,452 Posts
The threaded fitting on the tank is the outlet. You will want to remove it and replace the pick up on the other end! Then threw a filter and to the carb! The other on the tank should be smaller and just an over flow, take it up and across the bar support to a clean place to vent. The other fitting on the carb goes to the bottom of the case as a pulse line (use automotive line for this)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
point specs?

ok thanks. now another question, the points.... what are the specs on them? o and how do i tell the year with my vin?? it has me confused. thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
if you look on top of the carb it will say walbro. it is a wf carb. the nozzle pointing towards the motor is the vacuum line which connects to the crank case. the nozzle pointing down is the one that goes into the tank. hope this helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok so pretty much i just looked at the engine and the model number said T1B440S1A, and a read up on it, and heard thats for a 72 panther, which would mean i was wrong about the year... correct me if im wrong please! so pretty much i've narrowed it down to this, i need a carb, points and condenser, flywheel cog that the pull start catches on, flywheel PULLER, and thats about it. ANY help would be great! i heard the points specs are 0.012-0.016". is this true? and yeah, if you have any of the parts listed for a 72 440 arctic cat panther, please pm me and i will buy for a reasonable price on paypal. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts