Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently come across a 1979 Yamaha 440 Exciter and I wanted to know what engine i could swap/place in this bad boy. any info could help, thx!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DEPENDING ON YOUR SKILLS AT FABRICATION, THE POSSIBILTIES
ARE ENDLESS JUST AS LONG AS THE CLUTCHES ARE LINED UP CORRECTLY. I ONCE STUFFED A 470 LIQUID ROTAX INTO A 1971
SKI-DOO TNT. IT TOOK A LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR BUT IT WORKED BUT IT WAS KIND OF OVERKILL FOR THE CHASSIS

GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put an Arctic Cat 340 in a '76 John Deere 300. Now the engine wont start of course. But the important part is the engine is mounted and the custom exhaust fits great. Now if it would just start it should be a lot faster than it was. It only took about 15 hrs of fabrication to get it all in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WHY!

I rode a 1980 exciter 440 till 2000 when i picked up my current sled. Why would u want to pull out that engine, it rips. It is faster then most 440 trail sleds that are manufactured today. Think this one through before you rip it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i agree i ride a 79 exciter now and its about unstopable.my only compliant about it is id like a more aggressive track tomatch that gorriilllaa of a motor........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts