Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 1977 SRX 440 motor preferably in running condition, since the '77 was the fastest of the old models and had the most horsepower, so if anyone knows of one for sale please let me know.
Thanks, SRX Matt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure the exact horsepower or it, but Im pretty sure it was something like 20 more horses than the 78-80's had, which musta made it a pretty mean sled. But anyways I noticed you're from churchill Fall's, Im from Labrador City, just moved to Ontario in March, whats your name? lol

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
i was curious of the same thing about this motor and the seld
heres what FASTCAT told me

"the 1977 srx was built for oval racing. there was an optinal gyt kit for them that included circle m fuel injectors. hp was in the 98-100 hp range at 9800 rpm. It had a 2 gallon gas tank and weighed 338 lbs.It was and as far as i know still is banned from racing in isr sanctioned events. it was a political thing. no other sled could beat it when properly tuned and with a good driver on it. Truely one of the fastest production sleds of its time. still deadly as a drag sled. if they allow you to race it! here is a pic of one http://www.vintagesleds.com/treasur...77SRX/77srx.htm

AS a sidenote in 1978 yamaha built the SSR. Production numbered around 100 of these rare sleds. It had the same engine as the 77 srx but had independent front suspension,of a style that was not re- introduced until the late 90s
http://www.vintagesleds.com/collect...yamaha/1978.htm"

i would give my sled just to be able to ride one once i.e. 500$ lol :D

fr0st

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I didnt know the SRX was banned from racing, thats crazy. I always knew I had a fast sled but not that fast! lol Well my parts come in today, some new chrome sleeves and a nice shiny set of wiseco pistons and rings. The sled will be up and running in no time just gotta find somewhere in the greater toronto area to ride it... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts